- Joel Embiid props for today are served as we give you two free NBA playoff props for Friday (8/21)
- We’ll also look at Brooklyn’s Caris LeVert’s prop line of O/U 24.5 points
- Our NBA playoff props have been off to a hot start, 13-4 in the playoffs — join us here to get full daily slates of NBA playoff props and MLB strikeout props
The 76ers need a big game from the big guy, as Joel Embiid will have to step up to keep his team from going down 3-0 to the Celtics.
I believe he’s in line for a slightly different role tonight, and I’ll break down his rebounding prop for our first pick before diving into Caris Levert’s points total against a Raptors defense that has given him a tough time.
MORE PROPS: Best MLB props for Friday’s slate, starring Braves ace Max Fried.
76ers Center Joel Embiid
Over 12.5 Rebounds (-134 @ FanDuel)
Note: Over 13 (-114 @ Prop Builder) works as well if you can’t find 12.5, but 12.5 is preferred.
Embiid has averaged 13 rebounds through two games in the series, grabbing 16 in the first meeting and 10 in the second. He impacted the game much more scoring in Game 2, recording 34 points compared to 26 in the first.
Role players will need to do a better job of supporting Embiid in scoring after he accounted for 60 of the teams’ 202 points through two games.
That said, the 76ers won the rebounding battle in Game 1 (50-43) and lost in Game 2 (39-43). That’s likely due to Embiid’s six-rebound drop from those two games, and Tobias Harris was the only other 76er to record more than three boards in Game 2 (11), compared to six total in Game 1.
- When Embiid’s played 30 minutes or more in the bubble, he’s averaged 13.3 rebounds in six games
- The Celtics allow the third-most offensive rebounds per game in the bubble (11.0)
Embiid’s the only player to record back-to-back double-doubles and 10-rebound games, something he’s done in four-straight, 30-minute-plus efforts.
Against Boston on the season, Embiid’s posted 13 or more rebounds in three of five total meetings. He finished the regular-season ranked 18th in offensive rebounds (2.8), seventh in defensive rebounds (8.9), and seventh in overall rebounds per game (11.6).
He did run into foul trouble in two of those meetings, limiting him to 23 minutes in both, but when he’s played 30 or minute versus Boston, he’s recorded 10, 13, and 16 rebounds this season. In Game 3, down 0-2, I expect Embiid to lead the game in rebounding.
Nets Guard Caris LeVert
Under 24.5 Points (-112 @ FanDuel & Prop Builder)
LeVert and the Nets have struggled to start the series, down 0-2 to the Raptors.
The Raptors have had his number, with LeVert averaging 15.5 points on 10-of-36 field goal attempts, going 0-of-6 from deep. He’s also added 13 assists and 6.5 rebounds over 37 minutes. He’s failed to hit his over point total (24.5) or PRA total (39.5) in both games versus the Raptors.
- LeVert has met the Raptors five games and hit the under in four of them, averaging 16 points per game
- LeVert averages 20.2 points per game in all five meetings with Toronto in 2019-20
- LeVert on one day of rest in 2019-20 averages 19.8 points per game in 31.2 minutes and 24 games
Toronto’s defense allows the fourth-fewest points per game to point guards (21.76) and 11th-fewest to shooting guards (22.03). They’ll continue to swarm LeVert, forcing him to focus on setting his teammates up.
I’m backing the under on his points to hit for the third-straight game and would play this to -130.