We get questions.
We realize that dipping your toes into the sports betting space can be intimidating. Below, we address some of the most common questions we get from our audience.
We also address frequent crticisms here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Your Service Work?
We offer free premium analysis on our site, and for those who want to take their prop betting a little more seriously, we have our premium chat community where we release 1000+ picks per year, including NFL, NBA, & MLB player props, plus UFC, PGA, EPL, & More.
What is your win record? Can I see your historical results?
Yes, we track the results of all our official plays and they are publicly accessible. You can find details and historical results on Our Results page.
A quick outline of our results:
- 2018 NFL props (free): 57.8%, +38.25 Units
- 2019 MLB props (subscription): 59.8%, +47.79 Units
- 2019 NBA props (subscription): 62% in 2019 & 42-20 (67.6%) , +19.62 Units in 2020.
- 2019 NFL props (subscription): 60%, +106.88 Units
- 2020 All Sports (subscription): 60%, +236.6 Units
Check the results page linked above for all the latest figures.
How many plays do you put out?
You can expect 25-40 props per week, depending on the season.
In the year 2020, we put out 1,529 official picks, despite major US sports being shut down for nearly four months.
So far in 2021 we’ve put out over 350 picks, averaging nearly seven picks per day.
Then there are futures, leans, and game props that we’re putting out in our Slack weekly. Add it up, and we likely put out more +EV picks-per-dollar than any betting service out there.
What is Slack Chat?
Slack is a third-party chat room that acts as the home and heart of Bet the Prop. This is where our picks are released and alerted to our users. After joining, Premium subscribers will be sent an invite to join the community. In the Slack you’ll:
- Get alerts on new plays
- Interact with and get custom advice from our team of analysts and sharp subscribers
- Ask questions and learn how to become a better bettor by long-term winners
- Hang out and chat with fellow bettors while watching our prop bets play out
What are the best sportsbooks for player props?
Your options will depend on your location, but for US bettors in states where gambling is legal, we’ll help guide you to the best books with the most prop offerings.
Do you guys have any free plays for tonight?
Most days we’ll have an article with a free play from one of our expert analysts. Visit our homepage to see all the latest free picks.
Can I buy a subscription for one sport only?
Not directly, no. We have one subscription covering multiple sports.
If you only want props for one sport, MLB strikeout props, for example, you have several options:
- You can buy a six-month package, which covers the entirety of the season
- You can buy a weekly or monthly subscription and pause or cancel it at the season’s end
- All weekly and monthly subscriptions may be paused and resumed at any time
We understand that not everyone wants to play all the sports, but our all-sport subscription prices are extremely competitive compared to our competition, some of whom charge up to $300 per week per sport.
Can I buy just the picks alone, without the chat community?
No, we discontinued this option in early 2020.
The gap in value between the “picks-only” subscription and the Premium, chat subscription was too great, and we want all subscribers to get a similar experience with similar value.
Premium subscribers are not required to be an active member of our chat community, and if all you want is the picks, you can still sign up for the Premium package and use the chat to simply get pick alerts.