- Our UFC 254 betting tips & picks will break down the Heavyweight matchup between Walt Harris and Alexander Volkov
- This main card bout should deliver a great fight between two proven 265 pounders.
- Saturday's UFC 254 is headlined by Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje
- A reminder that this starts early on Saturday -- prelims get underway at 10:30am ET, and the main card at 2 ET
Volkov vs. Harris is a striker's delight, with both fighters looking to implement their style.
Enjoy this free feature lean, and if you want more, I've got two official plays, plus leans and detailed betting analysis for every fight -- & you can unlock it all with a UFC Fight Pass for $19.
Below is a chart of lifetime betting results on my official plays. The chart also includes results by card position, making it clear the bread & butter is the co & main event slots.
UFC 254 Betting Tips
Alexander Volkov (-180) vs Walt Harris (+155)
Here are keys to victory for Volkov:
- Use the wide variety of kicks in his arsenal to stay at a kicking distance rather than boxing
- Take advantage of the lack of cardio from Harris, increasing the pressure as the fight ages
- Be aware of that monster left hand from Harris circling away from the power
Volkov gets a much better matchup than his previous bout with Curtis Blaydes where he was forced to wrestle all night. Walt Harris prefers to keep the fight on the feet, giving Volkov the fight he would prefer.
Harris has dangerous hands that Volkov must be wary of, but I just don’t see him winning a striking match against Volkov where he doesn’t finish the fight.
Before MMA, Volkov was a 31-8 as a kickboxer, and I think that will be on full display as he keeps the distance while landing a variety of kicks. I envision this fight looking very similar to Volkov vs Greg Hardy, where he's just a little too sharp within the striking realm.
Only being finished by strikes two times in 40 fights helps me feel confident Volkov can take the shots of a fresh Harris and eventually take this fight over. I think Volkov puts Harris away late in Round 2, starting it off with a body kick finishing him with a barrage of strikes.
How I lined this fight: Volkov -200 (67%)
Alexander Volkov Money line -180
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- The official play, plus leans for every fight
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
- Confidence level and perceived win %
You are unauthorized to view this page.