- Tonight’s fight card should be highly entertaining, especially the main card where we have two tipped bets!
- This week's free play article covers the Main Event featuring former bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt and rising contender Rob Font
- Prelims for UFC Vegas 27 get underway at 4 pm ET, and the main card starts at 7 pm ET on ESPN
We're coming off another free play win last week, and we look to keep it rolling with more UFC props and best bets with this free lean on the main event from UFC Vegas 27.
If you want even more action, we’ve got two official plays: — unlock it all with a UFC Fight Pass for $19. Here's my record.
UFC Props and Best Bets for UFC Vegas 27
Rob Font (-120) vs Cody Garbrandt (+100)
Font's best skills are his boxing abilities, where he has a stinging jab followed up by a clean straight right. My favorite quality about Font is from he’s in the opposition's face with that piercing jab from the opening bell. But there are questions:
- With this being his first main event fight, will he have five-round cardio?
- How will Font respond if Garbrandt is beating him at his own game?
“No Love” is a well-rounded fighter with few holes in his game -- elite speed, power, boxing, footwork, and cardio are where Cody really shines.
The major hole in Cody’s game has been mental. We’ve now seen in all three of his losses when the going gets tough, with Cody losing his composure and getting into brawls. That hasn't gone well for Garbrandt, resulting in three knockout losses.
That said, his chin must be questioned.
If Garbrandt shows up fighting intelligently, I can see him completely outclassing Font. He has a rather large speed, boxing, and footwork edge, which would seem to make for a tough night for Font, who spends nearly all his time from boxing range.
In Garbrandt’s last fight, he did show signs of more maturity and patience. I think the credit goes to his new trainer Mark Henry for helping with that evolution.
I can't predict if a guy will fight emotionally or not, but what I can count on are his high-level skills to show up.
Prediction: Garbrandt slips the jab, countering with a monster overhand right. Garbrandt by knockout in Round 2.
Best Bet: Cody Garbrandt Money line @ +100
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- TWO official plays, plus leans for every fight!
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
You are unauthorized to view this page.