- Our UFC Fight Island 5 betting tips & picks will break down the featherweight matchup between Giga Chikadze and Omar Morales
- This Prelim bout should deliver a great stylistic matchup between two high-level strikers
- Saturday's UFC Fight Island 5 is headlined by Cory Sandhagen vs Marlon Moraes, and we have an official play in place for that one when you buy a Fight Island 5 Fight Pass.
UFC Fight Island 5 Betting TIps
Omar Morales (-147) v Giga Chikadze (+127)Here are keys to victory for Morales:
- Make Chikadze feel the strength of a former 155 pounder by letting go with the same violent combinations early & often
- Take advantage of any mistakes that will allow grappling to come into play -- Chikadze getting overzealous, being off balance, catching a kick, or even use wrestling
- Keep up constant pressure and pace on Giga, who doesn't have a great gas tank to fight hard for 15 minutes
The X-FactorWhat could make this fight far less competitive is if Morales uses his wrestling. He's done so in previous UFC bouts, and he also caught a kick for two extended top control situations, leading to a good ground n' pound. Chiakdze will give kick catching opportunities, but whether Morales will try to wrestle or not is a bit of guesswork. If this bout stays on the feet, expect Round 1 to be extremely competitive with some great exchanges. As this bout ages, I do favor Omar to start taking over as he's shown the ability to keep a solid pace for three rounds, and Giga has not. If not for the guesswork with the wrestling, and Omar cutting weight to 145 for the first time in his career, I would have probably made this an official play. If Morales makes this a mixed martial arts bout by incorporating grappling into his strategy, he will look -233 being live for a late finish. The official prediction is Morales wins a decision getting the win. If this fight gets down to -130 range will make a play on Omar money line. How I lined this fight: Morales -186 (65%)
Omar Morales Money line -147
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- Three official plays, plus leans for every fight
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
- Confidence level and perceived win %
You are unauthorized to view this page.