- This free, feature lean from our UFC Fight Island 5 betting tips & picks will break down the matchup between Giga Chikadze and Omar Morales
- This Pre-Lim bout should deliver a great stylistic matchup as two high level strikers will bang it out.
- Saturday's UFC Fight Island 5 is head lined by Cory Sandhagen vs Marlon Moraes, and we have an official prediction for that bout!
Chikadze vs. Morales is a fascinating matchup, with both fighters willingness to throw heavy strikes looking for the finish.
Enjoy this free feature lean, and if you want more, I've got three official plays, plus leans and detailed betting analysis for every fight -- you can unlock my full card here with a UFC Fight Pass.
We've turned a profit 9-5-1 in our last 15 cards over the past few months!
Editor's note: Our NFL props are hitting 65% (24% ROI) through three weeks -- buy the premium package now to get full cards (plus all UFC plays!) alerted to your device.
UFC Fight Island 5 Betting TIps
Omar Morales (-147) v Giga Chikadze (+127)
Here are keys to victory for Morales:
- Make Giga feel the strength of a former 155 pounder by letting go with the same violent combinations as always, early & often.
- Take advantage of any mistakes that will allow grappling to come into play. Giga getting over zealous being off balance, catching a kick or even use wrestling.
- Keep a constant pressure, and good pace on Giga. He does not have a great gas tank to fight hard for 15 minutes.
I think the UFC dropped the ball burying this fight on the pre-lims. We have two dangerous strikers that aren’t afraid to mix it up staying in the pocket throwing heat. Both of these guys also have extended kick boxing experience making this a high level striking affair.
The X factor, and what could make this fight far less competitive is if Omar uses his wrestling. In a prior UFC bout Morales used his wrestling, and also caught a kick for two extended top control situations where he landed good ground n pound. Giga will give kick catching opportunities, but when it comes to the wrestling it’s just guesswork trying to assume Omar is going to wrestle.
If this bout stays on the feet expect round 1 to be extremely competitive with some great exchanges. As this bout ages I do favor Omar to start taking over as hes shown ability to keep a solid pace for 3 rounds, and Giga has not. If not for the guesswork with the wrestling, and Omar cutting weight to 145 for the first time in his career I would have probably tipped the bet.
If Morales makes this a mixed martial arts bout by incorporating grappling into his strategy he will look -233 being live for a late finish. Official prediction is Morales wins a decision getting the win. If this fight gets down to -130 range will make a play on Omar money line.
How I lined this fight: Morales -186 (65%)
Omar Morales Money line -147
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- Three official plays, plus leans for every fight
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
- Confidence level and perceived win %
You are unauthorized to view this page.