- Our UFC 259 props & best bets cover every angle from every fight, including the collision of champions in the main event: Israel Adesanya vs Jan Blachowicz
- This free play breakdown covers the matchup between The GOAT of women's MMA Amanda Nunes, and her towering opposition Megan Anderson
- Early Prelims for UFC 259 get underway at 6pm ET, and the main card starts at 10 pm ET on PPV!
UFC 259 Betting Tips
Amanda Nunes (-1400) vs Megan Anderson (+700)Here are keys to victory for Nunes:
- RESPECT Megan Anderson’s power!
- Press forward immediately pushing Anderson to the cage
- Once Nunes has Anderson riding along the cage, change levels & get this fight to the floor.
- Rack up the top time post takedown & gas the six-foot 165-pound Anderson out.
- Position over submission. Don’t give Anderson any momentum or reason to believe she can win.
The FightersAmanda Nunes (20-4) at this point in time is the GOAT of women’s MMA. Right or wrong that is the reality, and it's priced into this line. Nunes is a very well rounded fighter with crisp striking skills, coupled with some ever evolving wrestling, and a dangerous submission game. On top of an 11 fight win streak, Nunes is also statistically better than Anderson in virtually every category. Megan Anderson (10-4) without question walks into the toughest fight of her career. The six-foot 145-pound Anderson comes from a striking background, showcasing those skills by finishing nine of her 10 professional wins. As lopsided as this fight appears, Anderson possesses the great equalizer: power. There is zero question in my mind that Anderson is the hardest hitter Nunes has ever fought, outside of possibly Cris Cyborg.
Follow the blueprintThe blueprint has been laid for Nunes, and the path of least resistance is taking Anderson to the floor. In both of Anderson's UFC losses, she was dominated on the ground post-takedown. In one loss she was blanketed, spending 11 out of 15 minutes under control of the opposition. Anderson's other loss saw her taken to the floor early, and submitted three minutes into the fight.
How it playsWith Nunes showing an increasing willingness to wrestle, I absolutely expect to see her look for takedowns early and often. However there are ways for Anderson to neutralize these attacks. While Nunes' best wrestling work comes when the opponent is pushed against the fence, her opponents can also utilize the cage to their benefit. It's possible that Anderson, expecting to be forced against the cage, has been drilling those positions repeatedly leading up to this fight. Additionally, being the bigger woman and having length could really benefit Anderson if she takes the correct approach in defending the wrestling attack, giving her a path to a knockout victory.
Betting AngleThe size, power, and dangerous striking of Anderson puts me off backing Nunes straight, however I still am giving the champ due respect, predicting that she would win this bout 80% of the time. With the overly short odds on the moneyline, I think the best value is on Nunes to hit a submission while she has her opponent on the ground. My prediction is that Nunes submits Anderson mid-way through Round 2, retaining her strap. From a betting angle, the two best plays are Nunes wins by submission +200, and Anderson by KO +1110.
Nunes to win by Submission. This prop can currently be found between +165 & +210.
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- Three official plays, plus leans for every fight
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
- Confidence level and perceived win %, & more
You are unauthorized to view this page.