- RJ Barrett props are the bell of the ball in the NBA tonight, as I take a deep dive on the Knicks combo guard
- He and the New York are at home against the Wizards — tip-off at 7:30 PM ET
- The Knicks are 2.5-point favorites in a game with a 225.5-point total
Our favorite free NBA prop for tonight is an RJ Barrett prop, as we key in on an Eastern Conference matchup between two teams headed in different directions. Barrett is in the Most Improved Player conversation as he’s averaging career-highs across multiple categories.
Let’s jump in.
Editor’s note: We’re hitting 60% on the year for our NBA player props. We also just launched our MLB Early Bird Sale (20% off with code MLB20) — there’s never been a better time to join us.
RJ Barrett Props (3/23)
Over 17.5 Points (-118 @ Fanduel)
Barrett has silenced many of his doubters while simultaneously shedding the bust label label he was unfairly slapped with after struggling in his rookie season.
He’s helped lead the Knicks to a 21-22 record, good for seventh in the East. The former Blue Devil is averaging 17.1 points per game accompanied by fairly respectable splits of 45/35/73 (FG%/3p%/FT%).
- RJ is in the midst of the best stretch of his career, averaging 20.8 points in March on 53% shooting
- He’s scored at least 17 points in his last seven games while eclipsing this total five times
- Barrett scored exactly 17 points in his two misses over that stretch
His game is still developing as he tries to become an efficient three-level scorer. His bread and butter is attacking the basket, as nearly 60% of his field goal attempts come within 10 feet.
The biggest statistical difference between his rookie season and sophomore campaign is Barrett is shooting nearly 10 percentage points higher at the rim.
The Washington Wizards present a welcoming matchup:
- They allow the sixth most points to opposing shooting guards
- Rank 27th in overall Defensive Efficiency
- They also allow opponents to score 120 points per game, the highest average in the league
The Wizards rank first in pace as they play an extremely up tempo brand of basketball. I often sound like a broken record, but extra possessions lead to additional opportunities, which means more chances at piling up points.
With this game having the second highest total on today’s slate, the oddsmakers are anticipating the Wizards to dictate the pace, which would certainly bode well for this play.
With as well as RJ has been playing coupled with a fantastic paper match up, I expected this line to open one point higher at 18.5. I have RJ projected to score 20 points and think this number has plenty of value.