- Nikola Jokic props of the PRA variety are on the docket in our look at the best NBA prop plays for tonight, September 9th
- He and the Nuggets are looking to grab Game 4 in their best-of-seven playoff series against the Clippers — tip-off at 9:00 ET
- Time is Running out on our NFL Early Bird Special! Save 20% on a full season of NFL props (60% in 2020) and get access to every sport — 100% refund guarantee if the season is canceled at any point
Nikola Jokic faces off against a familiar opponent in the Clippers. He double-doubled in his last two games of the semifinals versus L.A. and went over his PRA mark both times.
Can he find repeat success versus L.A. in Game 4 of the semifinals?
We took a loss on this Anthony Davis prop the last time out, so let’s get back on track with this Jokic prop.
NBA Props for Tonight (9/9)
Nuggets Center Nikola Jokic
Over 41.5 PRA (-120 @ Prop Builder)
Over 42.5 (-113 @ FanDuel) is also fine.
Jokic has been on a tear, and he’s the primary reason Denver has a win under their belt in this series. In the past two games, Jokic has blacked out on the court, averaging 29.0 points, 15.0 rebounds, and 6.0 assists (50 PRA) in 38 minutes.
The Serbian center has surpassed his over/under PRA-mark in the last two games but failed to do so in Game 1 with 15 points, three rebounds, and three assists. Since then, he’s turned it on for Denver, and currently down 2-1, he’s going to be the primary scorer and possibly also the Nuggets facilitator.
Denver has been outrebounded all three games in the series, yet Jokic leads the series with 33 total boards and 73 total points. He ranks second in the series with 15 assists behind Jamal Murray’s 21.
- When Jokic played 30-39 minutes in 2019-20, he’s averaged 22.2 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 7.5 assists
- When Jokic played 40-49 minutes in 2019-20, he’s averaged 25.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, and 9.0 assists
In three regular-season meetings with the Clippers, Jokic averaged 19.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 7.0 assists. However, his numbers have jumped in the postseason versus LA to 24.3 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists.
He’s played 39 or more minutes in five postseason games this season, and he has to hit that target again if the Nuggets want to avoid being down 3-1. His all-around performance makes it hard to predict one area in which he will definitely shine, but the Clippers allow the sixth-most rebounds (16.09) and the fifth-most assists (3.74) centers.
The PRA is a solid bet for Game 4 as we know Jokic will be one of the few Nuggets to bring their A-game versus L.A.