Welcome to a look at one of our best NBA props for tonight, as we break down the Points+Rebounds+Assists (PRA) prop for Utah’s Jordon Clarkson.
It’s an interesting matchup statistically and stylistically, so let’s jump into the play and why we like it tonight.
Join us for the entire season to get every pick alerted to your device.
Jordan Clarkson (UTA) Under 28.5 PRA (-120 DK)
- Tough matchup here for Clarkson against a Cleveland team that has been brutal against guards
- Cavs have conceded on average 28.6 PRA/gm to SGs this season, which is by far the fewest in the league and nearly three less per game than second–place Clippers (31.5 PRA/gm)
- Stylistically speaking, they’re one of the toughest matchups too, given they are elite defensively in his favorite scoring spots on the floor
- For a guard, Clarkson tends to like scoring heavily in the paint (48.6% of his total) and Cleveland with the combo twin towers in Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen, are one of the best teams at protecting the rim — conceding the third-fewest paint points in the NBA
- He severely lacks a midrange and also takes fewer than one attempt from the corner per game (0.9 attempts)
- That leaves the above the break threes which account for 39.9% of his points; however, Cleveland are also elite here, allowing the fourth-fewest makes in the league (and also #1 fewest v SGs)
- Given his dominant areas (that account for ~90% of his points) are areas in which CLE excel in, think he will really need to play above himself to cover this
- However historically, has failed to do so more often than not, under in 5/6 games v CLE since joining the Jazz: 25, 26, 9, 16, 33 & 15 PRA, respectively