- Jimmy Butler props are on the docket as we dive into his point total of Over/Under 19.5
- He and the Heat head into Game 4 against the Boston Celtics — tip-off at 8:40 ET
- The Celtics are 3-point favorites in a game with a 210-point total
Butler and the Heat lost Game 3, giving the Celtics some life as Boston trails 2-1 now. Entering Game 4, Butler is coming off a Game 3 in which he scored 17 points and sat the final 46 seconds down 111-104.
I like his point total tonight, set at 19.5, and I’m about to tell you why it’s my favorite of the Jimmy Butler props tonight.
Editor’s note: Bet the Prop is coming out on fire on NFL props, hitting 64% through Week 2. Join us here for weekly, winning slates.
Heat Forward Jimmy Butler
Over 19.5 Points (-106 FanDuel/DraftKings, -114 Prop Builder)
In Game 3, the Miami was down 111-104 with 46 seconds left and decided to go to a three-point rotation that excluded Butler. They lost 117-106, being outscored 6-2 over the final stretch without him, and he didn’t look too happy to be benched.
Four days off and plenty of time to think and rest, I’m expecting Butler to be more aggressive in Game 4, still up 2-1.
Jimmy Buckets has averaged 17.0 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in three Eastern Conference Finals, and in two regular-season games versus Boston, Butler averaged 28.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.0 assists.
- When Butler’s played 37 or more minutes in the postseason, he’s averaging 20.5 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.7 assists in seven-of-12 games
- When Butler’s played 36 or fewer minutes in the postseason, he’s averaging 20.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 3.6 assists in five-of-12 games
Butler has played 36, 37, and 43 minutes in this series, for 38.7 per game. Overall, in 12 postseason games, Butler has averaged 36.2 minutes per game along with 20.6 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 4.1 assists.
His scoring has been more consistent than any other statistical category and he’s yet to surpass 30.5 points, rebounds, and assists, leaving me more confident he can score 20 than anything else. Butler scored 20 or more in five-of-12 games during the playoffs, and four games of 17 or 18 points.
With Game 4 being the most important and the Heat remaining in control up 2-1, Butler should lead the charge as the Heat attempt to remain in control of the series.
I’d play this line down to -125.