- Let the NBA playoffs props extravaganza begin, as the postseason tips off with four games Monday (8/17)
- Our play comes from the early 4pm ET game between the Raptors and Nets
- Overall, my NBA prop bets are 54-37 since the restart — join us here to get full daily slates of NBA playoff props
We made it. The playoffs are here, and while many will be chasing star power on their NBA playoff props, I’ll be looking for value in lesser-known names — like this Norman Powell 3-point line as his Raptors take on the Nets — note that this one is an early start at 4pm ET.
NBA Playoff Props for 8/17
Raptors Guard Norman Powell
Over 1.5 Made Three-Pointers (-110 @ DraftKings)
The worst price I’d pay for this line is -135.
This line made me do a double-take. The Raptors’ leading three-pointer shooter (39.9% from 3) has a chance to cruise over this line. His opponent, the Brooklyn Nets, has seen it first-hand.
In his only meeting with the Nets, Powell recorded 25 points on 5-of-7 three-pointers (71.4%). In his last three games of the bubble, Powell has scored at least 15 points and hit three or more triples.
- When Powell plays 30-39 minutes in 2019-20, he’s averaging 3.2 made three-pointers per game
- Off of two days of rest or more in 2019-20, he’s averaging 2.8 made three-pointers per game
Powell went 10-of-16 (62.5%) from beyond the arc during that span and 15-of-37 (40.5%) in all eight seeding games.
The Nets allowed the fifth-most points per game in the bubble (119.9) and tied for 10th of 22 teams in three-pointers allowed per game (36.3).
Asking for two three-pointers from the Raptors best three-pointer shooter is a no-brainer.
More often than not, his line is 2.5 or even 3.5 during his hot streaks, and after three or more triples made in three-straight, I’ll bank on him to make two versus a Nets team he’s already made five against.