Welcome to the inaugural edition of NBA player prop bets for Bet the Prop.
Tonight, we’re attacking the over on the point totals of three players. I don’t always like taking the same kind of bets, but these are my simply my favorite plays of the night for October 31st.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more NBA player prop picks.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (BKN)
Over 8 Points (-115 @ Betonline)
Holis-Jefferson missed the beginning of the season due to paternity leave.
He’s getting back into form, and his minutes are increasing, so there projects to be plenty attempts to cover the number against a defense that ranks in the lower third in opponent points per game in the paint.
- He’s averaging 8.8 Points per game.
- Detroit ranks in the middle of the pack in opponent points per game but in the lower third in opponent points per game in the paint, where Hollis-Jefferson takes a high majority of his shots.
Jared Dudley failed to score a point in 18 minutes on Monday. He’s the current starter at the 4 position, so it may not be much longer before Hollis-Jefferson reclaims his spot as the starting PF.
He’s not starting tonight, but I like the potential for increased minutes coming off a 27-minute, 16-point performance on Monday night.
Rudy Gobert (UTA):
Over 14.5 Points (-115 @ Betonline)
Gobert has covered this number in four of the last six games.
- The Minnesota defense ranks 24th in the NBA in opponents points per game in the paint.
- It’s a favorable matchup against Karl-Anthony Towns, who has shown a knack for both finding himself out of position and attacking on pump fakes.
Centers with arguably a lot less offensive talent than Gobert have put up these numbers in the last five: 13, 11, 15, 16, and 22.
Luka Doncic (DAL):
Over 19.5 points (-125 @ Betonline)
Coming off a 40-minute, 31-point game on Monday, Luka looks to stay hot against one of the worst defenses in the NBA in the Lakers.
The game sports a very high total, a high pace, and the environment for a young star to shine.
- Doncic has seen accelerated minutes in each of the last four games.
- He has covered this number in three of the last four games with the one under number coming against the highly-rated defense of the Utah Jazz.
- Harrison Barnes being back helps spread the floor and take some of the focus off of Doncic.
Doncic had 18 field goal attempts on Monday night, which was the highest of his career. I like the momentum to carry over in a young, confident player against the bad Lakers defense.