- These UFC Vegas 16 betting tips key in on this free, feature play for the matchup between Jimmy Flick and Cody Durden, plus a complete breakdown of every fight on the card
- This bout should be action-packed while it lasts between two up-and-coming fighters at 125 pounds
- Prelims for UFC Fight Night get underway at 7 pm ET, and the main card starts at 10 pm ET
Enjoy this free feature lean, and if you want more, we’ve got a tipped bet for the Main Event locked in, plus leans and detailed betting analysis for every fight -- & you can unlock it all with a UFC Fight Pass for $19.
Like football? Get the best player props in the industry (plus every UFC card!) when you join our community.
UFC Vegas 16 Betting Tips
Jimmy Flick (-170) vs Cody Durden (+145)
Here are keys to victory for Durden:
- Stay on the defensive for Flick's inevitable takedown entries
- After defending a few takedowns, start picking up the offensive pace and push Flick back to make him uncomfortable
- If pushed to the cage or taken down, immediately fight back to his feet or open space where he holds the advantage
Jimmy Flick is one of the two fighters who make their debut coming off contender series wins over the summer. Flick seems a bit one dimensional, but he's very good within that dimension. In his 15 professional wins, 13 of them have come by way of submission, and if he wins here, I expect no different.
Cody Durden is another UFC newcomer who will be making his second walk to the octagon after a draw in his debut. Durden is without question the more well-rounded fighter of the two in this bout.
- If Flick can continually get his takedown he probably wins by submission
- If Durden can keep this fight on the feet or return to his feet without being submitted I feel like he's going to finish Flick
I just don’t love paying juice on guys who only have one path to victory like Flick, who's dependent on needing takedowns to get the fight into his realm.
How to Play It
If you're going to bet on Flick, I think you should play the submission prop which sits at +105 right now.
However, if you go the Durden side (which I am), then inside the distance at +275 seems like a ton of value considering Flick has been finished in each of his five losses.
How I lined this fight: Durden +100 (50%)
Cody Durden wins ITD +275
Buy my full UFC Fight Card & get:
- The official tipped play where we hold a 26% ROI on tipped bets
- Detailed breakdowns like this for the entire card
- Confidence level and perceived win %
You are unauthorized to view this page.